Since Tony recently told work about his plan to leave the company to travel the world, we have decided to introduce ourselves to the world. Thank gosh for this because I have been dying to let loose since I told my company last December of my travel plans! Tony recently posted 15 things about him and I figured I would share some tidbits about me as well.
- As a travelling consultant for work, I am the female equivalent of George Clooney in Up in the Air. I get frequent upgrades at hotels and with my airline status I get upgrades to First Class about 90% of the time. That 10% of the time in Coach is MISERABLE. I have truly become a spoiled princess on the road… Next year is going to be a wake-up call to say the least!
- I pretty much rock at any water sport under the sun… But put me on land and I have two left feet and ZERO hand-eye coordination!
- Going along with #2, I took PADI scuba diving lessons at the tender age of 11 and got my scuba diving license at 12 in the British Virgin Islands. Unfortunately, Tony doesn’t scuba dive so I probably won’t be able to do this all too much when we are travelling the world.
- I turn into a grumpy toddler when I have gone more than 3 hours without food… Just ask Tony.
- When it comes to food, I love everything and am willing to try ANYTHING. I cannot wait to try all the great global cuisines next year!
- Chocolate is my weakness… And my strength.
- I am envious of all show hosts on the Travel Channel – Especially Anthony Bourdain!
- I have a nasty scar on my shoulder that occasionally hurts/burns…I like to think it’s my connection to Voldemort’s feelings. Oh yeah, and I love Harry Potter.
- I am probably the only person today that does not own a Smart Phone… And I REFUSE to get one. Time away from work and my computer is “me time” and being “plugged in” at all times doesn’t appeal to me!
- Talking animals on TV FREAK me out – Mister Ed, Night at the Museum, Beverly Hill Chihuahua, The Zookeeper, and other talking animal shows/movies are horror films in my mind!
- My favorite travel destination is the Bitter End Yacht Club on Virgin Gorda in the British Virgin Islands. I went there about 5 times as a kid and took Tony there for our Honeymoon – Magical.
- Even though I live in Miami (which is the capital for clubbing in the U.S.), my perfect evening involves a relaxed dinner and a good bottle of wine (or top-notch beer!) shared amongst great friends at home.
- My parents ran their own forestry company together in Upstate, NY for the past two decades. From seeing their love for building a business together, I have always wanted to become an Entrepreneur myself and start-up my own company. Luckily, I married a guy who shares this dream… and who will make an excellent business partner!
- I have a deep fantasy of performing on a talent show like American Idol or So You Think You Can Dance. Unfortunately, I have zero talents – except for my disgusting (yet impressive) ability to loudly burp the alphabet… Truth.
- I married the greatest guy ever – And I am not ashamed to brag about it!
Exhausted from traveling every week as a Business Management Consultant, I took a year off to travel at my own pace. I am a high-energy girl that loves being active, eating food, drinking wine, and exploring the world with my partner-in-crime (and husband), Tony!