Merry Belated Christmas everyone! I am writing this article a little in advance (Christmas Eve to be exact!) so I can enjoy stuffing my face with baked goods and watching Elf in stretchy pants on Christmas Day, but I wanted to take this time to highlight some of my favorite travel articles from this week:
- I am so pumped to get on the plane on January 4th and start our RTW trip. I hope that at this time next year, we can pull together a photo album of all our adventures from 2012. In the meantime, here is Adventurous Kate’s roundup from 2011.
- After having left Miami, I am not sure I ever truly loved living there. But one thing I did love was being able to drive 10 minutes to South Beach to soak up some sun year-round. As you can imagine, I was a little sad when South Beach didn’t make MJ’s list of Best Florida Beaches… But then again, I haven’t explored any of the ones on her list, so who am I to judge?!
- What girl can resist the yummy chocolate samplings in an Advent calendar? I sure can’t! Daily doses chocolate around the holiday season? Sign me up! But for anyone looking to enjoy a more adult version of this Christmas tradition, A Lady in London shares with us the London Andaz Hotel’s grown-up twist on the Advent calendar… A Cognac and chocolate tasting would get EXTREMELY deadly for me… I’m just sayin’!
- I am going to need all the advice and help I can get from fellow travel bloggers when I am on the road in a couple weeks travelling the world. Thankfully, Kim has provided me with a great list of Travel Blogs that I can add to my Google Reader for the new year. Some I am already following, but many of these blogs came as a great surprise when I was reading her article. Thanks for sharing Kim!
- I LOVED the warm weather when I was living down in Miami for the past couple of years, but one thing I missed was snow for the holidays. As you can imagine, I was wishing for flurries this Christmas season up in Boston before our big RTW trip. Well, it’s now Christmas Eve and close to 50 degrees out, so I should probably kiss that dream goodbye. And of course, the Traveling Canucks made matters worse by flaunting their winter wonderland pictures of Whistler Village… Not cool guys!