Merry Belated Christmas everyone! I am writing this article a little in advance (Christmas Eve to be exact!) so I can enjoy stuffing my face with baked goods and watching Elf in stretchy pants on Christmas Day, but I wanted to take this time to highlight some of my favorite travel articles from this week:
- I am so pumped to get on the plane on January 4th and start our RTW trip. I hope that at this time next year, we can pull together a photo album of all our adventures from 2012. In the meantime, here is Adventurous Kate’s roundup from 2011.
- After having left Miami, I am not sure I ever truly loved living there. But one thing I did love was being able to drive 10 minutes to South Beach to soak up some sun year-round. As you can imagine, I was a little sad when South Beach didn’t make MJ’s list of Best Florida Beaches… But then again, I haven’t explored any of the ones on her list, so who am I to judge?!
- What girl can resist the yummy chocolate samplings in an Advent calendar? I sure can’t! Daily doses chocolate around the holiday season? Sign me up! But for anyone looking to enjoy a more adult version of this Christmas tradition, A Lady in London shares with us the London Andaz Hotel’s grown-up twist on the Advent calendar… A Cognac and chocolate tasting would get EXTREMELY deadly for me… I’m just sayin’!
- I am going to need all the advice and help I can get from fellow travel bloggers when I am on the road in a couple weeks travelling the world. Thankfully, Kim has provided me with a great list of Travel Blogs that I can add to my Google Reader for the new year. Some I am already following, but many of these blogs came as a great surprise when I was reading her article. Thanks for sharing Kim!
- I LOVED the warm weather when I was living down in Miami for the past couple of years, but one thing I missed was snow for the holidays. As you can imagine, I was wishing for flurries this Christmas season up in Boston before our big RTW trip. Well, it’s now Christmas Eve and close to 50 degrees out, so I should probably kiss that dream goodbye. And of course, the Traveling Canucks made matters worse by flaunting their winter wonderland pictures of Whistler Village… Not cool guys!
Exhausted from traveling every week as a Business Management Consultant, I took a year off to travel at my own pace. I am a high-energy girl that loves being active, eating food, drinking wine, and exploring the world with my partner-in-crime (and husband), Tony!