Today marks our final day in South America after three amazing months travelling around Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, and Peru. Tonight we fly to Paris to begin our European leg of our RTW journey and now that we are moving along to another continent I officially consider Tony and I world travelers… Woohoo!!
The past three months have been a mixed bag of adventures and emotions but we keep growing and learning from our vagabonding peers that blog about their experiences on the road…
Here are our favorite travel articles from this week:
- Seeing as how it’s our wedding Anniversary this Tuesday and I am feeling uber romantic, I was loving As We Travel’s article on 3 Romantic Trip Ideas Around The World. Fiji sounds like a lovers paradise!
- This past week Tony and I traveled to Cusco and completed a four-day trek of the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu. We had an amazing time at both places but one place we never were able to visit during our time in Cusco was the Sacred Valley. A Lady in London gives us a taste of what we missed!
- Over the past three months, Tony and I have been shocked at how nice the buses are in South America. However, the only buses we really ventured on were the coach-style overnight Cama buses to get us from one major city to the next. It sounds like the Chicken Buses in Central America are in a whole different category!
- After camping on the Inca Trail, staying in countless South American hostels, and sleeping on numerous overnight buses, Tony and I are more than ready to check into the luxurious Hyatt Regency Madeleine in Paris on Sunday. Janice also enjoys the occasional hotel splurge and shares with us some of her luxurious hotel experiences… What are yours?
- As a long-term backpacker, I love hearing and reading stories from other nomads on why they travel. I particularly enjoyed reading Becki’s moving article on choosing travel over stability and I hope you find it as inspiring as I do. What’s YOUR story?
- Haven’t taken the giant leap to travel the world yet? Need to save more money? Nomadic Matt offers up some excellent tips on how to make your RTW dreams a financial reality!
- This article on how to make Homemade Peanut Butter Eggs has nothing to do with travel… but it’s Easter Weekend and I am hungry so I am posting it anyways! For any daring foodie backpackers, why not give this recipe a try in your hostel kitchen?
- Tony and I are three months into our yearlong trip around the world and I cannot even imagine what it is like to return home and go back to the daily grind. Jack and Jill do not paint a pretty picture for what’s to come post RTW… But then again, San Francisco is not a shabby place to finish your trip!
Exhausted from traveling every week as a Business Management Consultant, I took a year off to travel at my own pace. I am a high-energy girl that loves being active, eating food, drinking wine, and exploring the world with my partner-in-crime (and husband), Tony!