Today marks our final day in Croatia after 5 weeks of rest and relaxation in the beautiful town of Drasnice. We are sad to leave, but excited for the next leg of our journey: Istanbul!!!
The next few weeks will be jammed packed with legendary adventures as we make out way around Turkey, Italy, and Switzerland. Luckily, all this down time in Croatia has allowed us to get caught up on all our favorite travel articles to help us get pumped for the rest of our RTW journey.
Here are our favorite inspirations from this week:
- Japan isn’t on our list for Asia this fall, but after reading Matt’s article on the 13 reasons why he fell in love with Japan, we may have to reconsider!
- Tony and I love cooking classes and view them as one of the best activities you can do to learn about the culinary culture of a country. Unfortunately, we will not be able to partake in one this week while we are in Istanbul, but Akila’s article on her Istanbul cooking class has me salivating for some Turkish cuisine!
- Tony and I have yet to celebrate a holiday on our RTW trip, but I am curious to know what we will be doing (and where we will be) this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. After reading Talon’s article on how he celebrates holidays abroad, I know it’s possible to have a special day no matter where you are located. What are some of YOUR road warrior holiday memories and tips?
- One of the main reasons why Tony and I want to visit Western Australia is to swim with whale sharks. If our travel budget runs out and we don’t make it to this beautiful (yet expensive) country, we may have a fallback plan (thanks to Jack and Jill!): the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico!
- One of the most time consuming activities when we were planning for our trip was determining (and getting) the proper travel immunizations and vaccinations. Thankfully, Meet Plan Go has tips to make this process an easy as possible!
- If I could sum up five months worth of travel advice for you, it would be this: Travel off the beaten path, travel like a local, and TRAVEL LIKE A KID… Oh yeah, and bring TP and hand-sani with you EVERYWHERE in South America!