Tony and I are currently in Tuscany working on a beautiful agroturismo as our first WWOOFing experience. We are loving every minute of it and are now DYING to buy our own land and run a farm. The only downside to our fairytale volunteer gig is that the internet here is painfully slow!
On the rare occasions this week that I was able to login to the internet, I was able to catch up on some amazing articles from some of my favorite travel writers.
Here is this week’s Best Of The Rest:
- What we are looking forward to the most about Southeast Asia this Fall (besides beautiful scenery, great food, and cheap cost of living) are the crazy adventures that the region is so famous for. Adventurous Kate gives us a taste of what’s in store!
- What are your tips for communicating with others in a foreign country? Do you get flustered if people do not speak English? Have people been frustrated with you for not speaking their language? Sofia shares her thoughts on the matter.
- Are there any home comfort meals that you miss during your travels? Reading Lynne’s post on her mom’s goulash made me reminisce (and desperately crave) my mom’s homemade mac & cheese from when I was growing up!
- I have never been on a cruise but I am pretty sure I would despise it – Being trapped on a flashy boat with annoying tourists is not my cup of tea! Nomadic Matt shares the same thoughts on cruises, but has decided to take the risk and go on one anyways… I will be very curious to see how he fares!
- The one thing I love more than a fabulous tasting menu is a fabulous tasting menu with TWO DESSERTS! As you can imagine, Stephanie’s article on her dining experience at El Baqueano in the foodie city of Buenos Aires had me drooling on my laptop keyboard!
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere! If this article on the beautiful wine country of Sonoma, CA does not get you pumped to open a bottle of vino, I am not sure what will. What is YOUR favorite wine country region?