We are just about finished with our two weeks of WWOOFing in Tuscany and have had QUITE the experience.
Example: Did you know chickens can fly and tend to sleep in trees when not housed in a coop? Neither did I until a few days ago!
While we city-slickers are getting the country lifestyle experience, our travel friends have been out chronicling their worldly adventures. Check out my favorites from the past week!
- If you follow us on Twitter, you should know by now that Meg’s #1 bucket list item is to spend a few nights on the over-water bungalows in Bora Bora. She swears this has been a life-long dream… but I have a sneaky suspicion that watching too many episodes of The Bachelorette inspired her. Meg’s big question though: Should we spend over 400,000 hotel points to just stay 5 nights in an over-water villa?
- I’m so jealous about Jeanelle showing Nicole around Amsterdam by bike! I’ve tried so hard to figure out a way to finally take Meg to Amsterdam while we are in Europe, but due to money and time… it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. What is your biggest “missed city” when traveling?
- We’re heading to Berlin in a little over a week to stay with some close friends and could not be MORE excited! Sherry shows us one of the lesser toured locations in Berlin and proves that there is so much hidden history to see there.
- I love the home brew movement for beer and rank my Bro-In-Law’s brew as the best Porter I have ever had. That is why I get so excited at any travel articles that highlight good micro-breweries. Cool fact: “Every time Budweiser sheds A PERCENT of distribution, there’s 25 more breweries that can open up and operate successfully…” Crazy!
- Most excuses people make for not trying to travel long-term are just fabricated obstacles. Almost anything can be overcome! But Mike lists 5 great reasons why you might want to wait… but it doesn’t mean you have to stop planning!
- We loved our 5 weeks on the Croatian coast immensely… but Kate makes me regret not seeing more of the unexpectedly wondorous Croatia. Guess we’ll just have to go back!