If you’re new to LandingStanding, you might wonder why we post an article every Friday highlighting our favorite articles from around the web in the past week.
The first is for you.
We only highlight the articles that are worth the precious few minutes you have at work to read something not work related. We have seen a lot more than the ones we share, but feel that these links below are the absolute best in the past week. They should make you think, laugh, or hopefully be inspired.
The second is for us. Nothing wrong with a little self-interest, right?
If we have to write a post about the articles of others every Friday, it ensures that we continue to read what others are doing. This gives us more motivation to keep traveling and to stay immersed in the travel community. It’s a win-win!
We hope you take the time to read some of these great articles from the past week in travel. Let us know if there is an article out there that really resonated with you and why you liked it so much!
- “3 Steps To Help You Stop Wasting Your Life.” It’s hard to ignore Amy when she makes it so easy for us to start changing our lives right now. Instead of bookmarking this article for later, why not try it right away. Today. This very minute.
- And make sure to check out Ryan Holiday’s riff on the same subject… it’s all about little steps when making big changes!
- Brooke decides to LITERALLY take the road less traveled and get driven into China from Kyrgyzstan (8 hour trip). Totally a bad-ass move and one she’ll never forget. Fun game to play when reading this? Try to see how many countries or cities named that you can recognize. I got two (China and Bejing). What an adventure!
- Only 2 nights until we are in Berlin! Can’t wait to finally be in this city that everyone raves about and see it by bike, the way Megan recommends.
- We must have just missed seeing Adam in Italy, but he loved arriving in style. Sleeper car from Munich to Venice? There is something magical and nostalgic about overnight train travel, no?
- Can you believe the whole reason why I was inspired to visit Croatia was based off of a friend’s pictures of Plitivice Lakes… and then I went to Croatia and never even saw them? At least Kate went and saw this amazing sight. Check out her pics and see why they made me want to visit this amazing country in the first place.