Best of the Rest (Week Ending 2/20/11)
- Do men really have the upper hand in travel decisions? And is Spain really not a desired travel destination for women? If that’s the case, Tony and I might be an anomaly!
- This story is reinforcement that Tony and I need travel insurance. Feel better Adventurous Kate and let us know how World Nomads handles your claim!! We could use some insurance recommendations!
- Antarctica may be uber expensive and too cold for us Miamians, but it still looks badass…
- …maybe we will just have to visit the glaciers in Argentina instead!
- Tony can vouch that I am not a big fan of any ball sports – but maybe living in Buenos Aires (on the top of our list) and hitting up a Boca Juniors Soccer Game will change that
- Lara Dunston sums up exactly what Tony and I hope to achieve from our trip abroad: “Travel more slowly, more sustainably, and more experientially, to live like locals and engage more with people on the way.”
- Even though Akila and Patrick’s travel budget is way higher than our planned budget, they offer some greats tips on living within your means while abroad!
- Our wedding anniversary is in April, which marks the last month of Paris’ off-season…Maybe a romantic weekend during our trip abroad is in order?!
- I read “Eat, Pray, Love” this past month and let me just say that Eibabeth Gilbert’s confession that Da Michele’s pizza in Naples was the best pizza in the world was a BOLD statement. However, after reading Sarah Gonski’s review, Tony and I (true fat kids at heart) might be adding Naples to our Travel Wish List!