Don’t take our lack of articles this past week as a troubling indicator of our output once our trip begins. Yes, we were traveling last week and that limited our articles… BUT we have a good excuse.
We have officially moved out of Miami and are back in the Bean until early January!
Only 26 hours (over 5 days) of driving after we had packed our last box, we finished our epic road trip. It took a lot of work and planning to get past this major milestone and we only have one big one left… our jump-off date to South America!
In case you were out of pocket like us last week, check out all of the great articles you missed:
- While we hope our lack of articles during our move up to Boston does not foreshadow any trouble we might have publishing on our RTW trip, I do think the amount of food we ate on our drive north spells trouble for my waist line… Let’s just say there will be lots of these “Best of food x” type of lists getting churned out when we make our way through Italy (and maybe even some truffle hunting!).
- If you have ever traveled abroad and spent time in multiple hostels, than you know they are not all made the same. Getting recommendations from experienced travelers is key! Sometimes though, getting off of the hostel circuit and giving yourself a break can be nice too.
- Corbett Barr gets it so right when stating what many of us miss… if you think you can’t do something (like travel) because it is already too late for you, won’t it even be more past your time 5 years from now? He also asks if if you have ever been scared as hell… since it is something every entrepreneur (and traveler) faces. I know I was scared as hell to quit my nice corporate gig to travel, but am even more scared about having to go back to the corporate life when I get back. Fear can motivate! Sidenote: these idiots also scare me…
- Now that my corporate job is over, my travel job has begun. Which means researching phones, laptops, travel clothes, and most importantly: Travel Insurance. It definitely is not sexy, but it is oh-so-needed.
- We already purchased our new camera for the trip and are incredibly excited to capture all of our ridiculous adventures for posterity. But we are also excited to travel slow, move less, and see more. That way we will be sure to enjoy everything in the moment and then after through our pics. If only our pictures are half as good as these gorgeous Thailand sunsets or a Hawaiian Sunrise.
Quit his job to try actually following his dreams for once... and is currently loving it. He is working hard to to make this life-style permanent by writing about his adventures and brainstorming money making opportunities with his partner-in-crime, Meg.