We are in the middle of our long awaited Pacific Northwest road trip and are, if I may be so bold… crushing it!
Two days in San Francisco followed by a 3 day drive up the famous 101 to Seattle with a stopover in Portland. Yes. It was as exhausting as it sounds, but damn did we eat some good food!
Details of our road trip will follow soon, but for now, check out what the rest of the travel community has been up to during the past week:
- How many articles have you read warning you about the dangers of international travel or giving tips on how to best protect your goods from theft? Earl flips the script and talks about the kinder side of humanity and how no matter how many times he misplaces his backpack while on the road, it always finds its way back to him.
- D might not be full of it… but she sure was shoveling shit in Thailand. Those are some monster elephant turds! So sad about the elephants that were damaged by landmines though. Glad to see they are being taken care of now!
- Andy has never met a sandwich he didn’t like… and neither have I. Just wait until next week when I show off the unbelievable Porchetta sandwich from Roli Roti at the San Fran Farmers’ market. Ridiculousness.
- GREAT quote about time and money. This concept was a large reason that I quit my job to travel the world. I highly suggest you ponder it for a few minutes daily while cranking out reports from your cube.
- Because we love the man. Because I just read Medium Raw. Because his previous show combined our two major passions in life (food and eating). Because he’s the second best Anthony I know… you must watch this.
- Sometimes reading other peoples’ lists of life questions helps clarify your own thoughts. The question that I continually ask: Will I be happy in ten years if I don’t do this now?
- WOW could this article not have come at a better time. We are taking so many food pictures (one of our two main passions remember) and finding that they sometimes don’t do the food justice. It is inspiring to see others struggling and learning how to improve their photography skills and taking the leap to manual!
Quit his job to try actually following his dreams for once... and is currently loving it. He is working hard to to make this life-style permanent by writing about his adventures and brainstorming money making opportunities with his partner-in-crime, Meg.