For the month of May, Tony and I decided to slow down and settle into the uber-small town of Drasnice, Croatia. We are loving the sun, sand, and surf – along with the fact that there is literally NOTHING to do in this town.
Call me crazy, but we desperately needed a down month where we could focus on our blog… and of course enjoy some R&R! Oh and did I mention that our beach-side apartment has BLAZING fast internet?!
Super speed internet + nothing to do = Lots of catching up on all the great travel blogs we have missed out on over the past several weeks of heavy traveling.
Here are the best of the rest:
- We recently wrote a post on our experience hiking the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu and discussed how difficult some of the hike was (yet very worth it!). I am glad to know that I am not the only baby that thought the hike (day 3 particularly – aka the downhill “Gringo Killer” trail) was strenuous… Thanks for sharing Chrissy!
- What’s the difference in your mind between travelling and vacationing? And which do you prefer? Spencer discusses his opinion on the topic… and I love his message that no matter what the reason is for seeing the world (travelling vs. vacationing), it’s important to just “get out and go!”
- Talon shares great tips on how to save BIG on airline costs - A must for any long-term traveler! I appreciate that he advises his readers to research the hidden fees with “low-cost” airlines such as RyanAir. When flying from Paris to Rome a few weeks ago, Tony and I probably would have been better served purchasing our tickets through a regular carrier, as opposed to RyanAir, after ALL costs came into consideration.
- Where can you find yummy falafel sandwiches, wine for €5.50 a liter, and a Santa Claus in tights? You guessed it: Berlin! I am so excited to be going there in July…. Although, I am sad that we will have missed the epic Baumblütenfest wine festival!
- Adam Costa’s article on the The 10 Hottest, Most Passionate and Sexually Satisfied Countries In The World sure peaked my interest this morning… My takeaway from the article: Stay AWAY from Japan! How does YOUR country stack up?
- If these stunning photos capturing the beautiful art in Florence do not make you want to immediately jet off to Italy, I am not sure what will!
- Congrats to Caroline and Josh for making it three months into their RTW trip! Tony and I are four months in ourselves, so it is great to read about other long-term travelers that are in the same boat as us. Caroline’s article has also inspired me to write a post recapping the highlights from our RTW trip thus far!
- Tony and I were fortunate enough while in Buenos Aires to take part in the city’s popular tradition of closed door dining. Our meal at Cocina Sunae was incredibly unique… and fabulously delicious! I am glad to see that the Travel Chica was also able to experience this phenomenon in Buenos Aires as well. I was very jealous to read about her meal from Casa Mun – One place we never made it to (but desperately wanted to go!) while we were there.