Taking time off the road to stay still in Croatia sounded like the perfect opportunity to take control and force time to slow down so that we could relax. But that’s the funny thing with time… it does whatever the hell it likes.
4 out of our 5 weeks in Croatia have already disappeared and we are left scratching our heads at where they could have gone.
We have had an incredible time in Croatia and cannot recommend it highly enough. If you need more evidence of its greatness, check out what Anthony Bourdain had to say when he visited. Dare I say that it is his favorite country to visit in the past 8 seasons of No Reservations?
With only a week left before we head back out on the road, I think it is time to check back in with some of our favorite writers to get some inspiration:
- Breaking: Man vs Clock just failed his first challenge… ever! Although as someone who also challenged himself to grow an epic beard (before climbing Machu Picchu), I know how uncomfortable it can get. Nothing feels as good as a shave after over a month of furriness.
- Akila from The Road Forks writes to the forgotten demographic in travel – those who travel independently but still sometimes enjoy the benefits of group tours. We proudly consider ourselves part of this group and cannot wait to experience Istanbul with a tour guide in tow next week.
- If you travel for any length of time, you WILL find yourself stuck on a bus or train. I’m always a fan of reading a good book, but Anila gives you an additional 10 ways to pass the time while riding the rails.
- We traveled with a few people in Italy that were gluten intolerant or had Celiac Disease. Thinking this would be a tough dietary restriction, especially in Italy, I was shocked to find that Italians know all about gluten intolerance and have many different recipe variations to accommodate. Jodi from LegalNomads explores why Italians are so accommodating on this issue in her fascinating food article.
- “The Goonies Guide To Hometown Adventure.” Need I say more?
- Who controls the money in your relationship? I hold the cash and keep track of expenses… but when it comes to decision making, Meg has the veto power. Does that just mean she lets me think I have some influence?
- Two people that inspire me sitting down together for a 1 on 1 interview? Count me in! Steve Kamb interviews Chris Guillebeau and things get, well… nerdy.