Ohhhh, baby. What a whirlwind!
After a double red-eye starting on April 6th (back-to-back red-eye flights), we arrived in Paris on April 8th. Goodbye South America!
Between the 30 hours of travel followed by all that Paris has to offer and celebrating our 2-yr wedding anniversary no less… our posts have been a little slow in getting out. Sorry!
While you are waiting to read all about our latest adventures, let me fill you in on what we have going on:
- Brand New Site Design – We are very excited to go live with the new layout for LandingStanding. It has taken us a few weeks to get it just right and to implement the design… but it should go live shortly. We hope you love it!
- Roomorama Giveaway – In partnership with Roomorama.com, we are going to be giving away $50 of credit for your next booking through Roomorama. Stay tuned to find out the details!
- Machu Pichu – Potentially numerous posts about our adventures on the Inca Trail. While Machu Pichu is extraordinary, the people you meet and the actual journey of climbing the Inca Trail is just as valuable an experience.
- South America Recap – Favorite places, worst mishaps, and a detailed rundown of how badly we blew through our budget.
- Traveling In Style – The insiders perspective (me) of what it is like to travel with a VIP like Meg… access to the United Club, Diamond status at the Hyatt, and free spa access.
- Anniversary In Paris – Did not plan it when we started out, but RTW travel is all about capitalizing on opportunity. How we finagled our way into having our 2-year wedding anniversary in Paris and how we took advantage once we were there.
Where We Are Going
- France – We are leaving Paris to spend a week at a cottage in the Normandy area. Definitely going to the D-Day beaches and expect me to introduce Meg to the greatness of Band Of Brothers.
- Italy – In about a week we will be heading to Umbria to join some other travel bloggers at the TBU conference. Cannot wait to meet some of our favorite writers and reunite with some friends… plus someone can finally teach us about this whole blogging thing!
- Long Lost Relatives – Not set in stone, but we would love to connect with some Rulli’s in Italy. I know there are some outside of Rome, so we’re going to give it a try!
- Croatia – Numerous travelers have told us about the wonders of Croatia, so it has been on our list for a long while. We would love to rent a cabin for a few weeks and just relax. We already have a few leads so we shall see what we can get!
The European portion of our RTW adventure is starting off fantastically. I don’t want to give too much away before you read our full report, but here is a hint about Paris: We love it!