Who Are We?
This site was originally created to chronicle our adventures quitting our corporate jobs to travel around the world (15 countries visited) and maybe inspire a few folks in the process. But since its creation, it has morphed into a place where we share our passion for travel, food, entrepreneurship, & all things that make us happy.
We are currently making this crazy lifestyle permanent and share every stride and stumble we take towards this goal.
We have hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, been pickpocketed twice on the same subway ride in Buenos Aires, dined like Anthony Bourdain in Croatia, and have experienced every kind of travel story you can imagine….
Our hope is that we provide you with a dose of inspiration along with some helpful resources. If it’s your first time to LandingStanding, you might want to read a few of the stories below.
Places to start…
Foodgasms – All About Food!
- American Day – F*#@ Yeah!
- The Umbrian Way – Great Food, Wine, & People
- A Fat Kid’s Dining Guide To San Francisco
Dealing With Work & Life Before You Depart
- How To Quit Your Job For Longterm Travel Without Burning Bridges
- 10 Tips On Successfully Asking For A Sabbatical
- 5 Small Ways To Save Big Money (That Could Be Used For Travel) On Your Wedding Day
Advice For The Road
- Eat Healthy & Cheap On The Road
- Traveling With Women – Why Every Man Should
- How To Dominate Day Drinking In Wine Country
A Dash Of Inspiration
- Why Traveling The World NOW Is A Must
- Buying Objects Does Not Buy Happiness – Buying Experiences Does
- 7 Books To Inspire Travel
- 50 Ways To Be Awesome
If you have already read and enjoyed our articles, you can sign up to receive them by email. Just fill in the form labelled “Free Updates” at the top of this page!
What The Heck Does Landingstanding Even Mean?
That’s the first time we’ve heard that question…. but here is how we (and Webster’s soon enough) define it:
The act of leaping without looking, loving without fearing, and dominating anything life throws at you while never losing balance (well almost never). As in: “I quit my job to travel the world and will hopefully end up on my feet… you know, landing standing.”
So Who Are We… Really?
If you really want to know… well, we are Tony & Meg. A married couple in our 20’s that studied entrepreneurship in College and are now desperately racing to figure life out before our 30’s. Want more? Than you can read all About Us.
Follow along as we take wild leaps into the unknown and scramble like hell to land on our feet. [Now you get it, right? We’re trying to end up… LANDINGSTANDING]